Emperor Scorpion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emperor scorpion care

3 posters

Go down

Solved Emperor scorpion care

Post by Tredawg1993 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 am

How do u clean a scorpions enclosure without getting stung and r emperor scorpions venomous

Tredawg1993

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Emperor scorpion care

Post by MillBrey Exotics Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 am

Depending on the type of scorpion, you can use catch cups to get the scorpion out of the way. All scorpions are venomous to a point, will you be in danger if your stung by an emperor? Most likely not. An emperor would rather pinch you than waste venom on you.

MillBrey Exotics
Forum Moderator

Status : If you dont test the water, how will you know if its safe to swim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioth Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:56 am

Hello TreDawg!
All scorpions have venom, but only about 25 species can be medical significant to humans. Emperor scorpions aren't one of them, and in-fact, they're popular because of that. The venom of the emperor scorpion (Pandinus imperator) is very mild and is similar to a bee's venom. If you are allergic to a bee sting then please be careful with your emperor scorpion. I don't recommend you to handle and hold them. If you are wanting to buy a pet scorpion then I recomend you to buy an emperor scorpion because they are very docile and harmless to humans. They rarely sting people and when you provoke them, they usually use their pedipalps (or pinchers, claws to some people) to protect themselves.

To clean a scorpion's enclosure without getting stung is easy. Your scorpion should have many hides, burrows, shady places and corners. You don't have to clean the enclosure every time but I recommend you to change it in about a month. What I do is that I put my emperor scorpion (or "emp" for short) into a big or small temporary container when I'm cleaning its enclosure. After I'm done, of course, I put it back inside.

If you want to move your scorpion in a temporary container, I'd use tongs or something softer. You can use thick gloves for protection. If you're going to use tongs (or clips) then I'd clip their tail with enough force to lift the scorpion up. Don't be afraid. Scorpions don't die easily than you think so. Good luck!

Last edited by Lioth on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lioth
Lioth

https://emperor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tredawg1993 Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Thx

Tredawg1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioth Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm