Emperor Scorpion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here

+5
Lioth
William Horseburgh
BlueDave
James Barnett
bronxzoofrank
9 posters

Go down

Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here Empty Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here

Post by bronxzoofrank Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Hello All,

I'm a herpetologist and author, recently retired from a career of over 20 years with the Bronx Zoo, and have participated in field research efforts with a variety of amphibians, fish, reptiles, invertebrates and other creatures in several countries. I currently write and manage ThatReptileBlog http://bit.ly/K5OskQ, where I address the conservation, natural history and care of herps and invertebrates, and answer readers' questions pertaining thereto. New articles are posted several times weekly.

The balance of my time is spent writing books on reptile, amphibian, invertebrate and fish care and natural history, consulting for zoos and museums and (when luck favors me!) in field research.

My biography and photos of some of the creatures I’ve been lucky enough to work with is posted at http://bitly.com/LC8Lbp and my Twitter profile is at http://bitly.com/Lxg4Eg.

I look forward to corresponding with as many members as possible in the future.

Best regards, Frank Indiviglio

bronxzoofrank

Back to top Go down

Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here Empty Re: Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here

Post by James Barnett Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Greetings sir Frank. I've never come across a person who'd be a herpetologist, and at the same time, an invertebrate expert or whatever you call it. I have a feeling that I've heard your name somewhere.. anyway. Welcome! Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here 3176102109
James Barnett
James Barnett

Back to top Go down

Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here Empty Re: Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here

Post by BlueDave Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:10 pm

WELCOME! Razz I have heard of you Mr. I know only a few things about you but I've read your biography a long time ago. I am BlueDave. You're Frank Indiviglio! I've never expected you to join this forum. I don't know how you found this forum because it's not so popular yet. I heard you work on a Zoo as you mentioned Bronx Zoo. I assume my the admins have invited you to join. I'm just a simple scorpion researcher and I hope to spend time with you here.
BlueDave
BlueDave

Back to top Go down

Post by William Horseburgh Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello, zoologist from NYC, happy to be here Welcome_sign

I've searched you on Google before. Smile You're a very knowledgeable person when it comes to scorpions and emperor scorpions. Once again, welcome
William Horseburgh
William Horseburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioth Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:33 pm

Greetings Mr.Frank and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by 大君主 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Lioth
Lioth

https://emperor.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxzoofrank Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, much appreciated. I'll try to post some links to articles, but please feel free to write and post your observations or questions/ideas any time. There's so much to learn about invertebrates in general, It's great to be involved with all, best, Frank

bronxzoofrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumo Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:50 pm

You're free to do what you wish here Mr. Frank. Welcome!
Kumo
Kumo
Forum Moderator

Status : Emp scorps still fine, but not enough time for hobby nowadays

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff Grimes Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Welcome here sir.
Sheriff Grimes
Sheriff Grimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxzoofrank Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:07 am

Hello All,

Thanks. so much for the warm welcome. I have some scorpion articles posted here, many others, pl let me know if you have specific interests. It's difficult, time-wise, for me to check in on different threads within the site, but I'll respond to comments on the threads to which I've subscribed. I get instant notices of posts on my blog articles as welll, Best, frank

bronxzoofrank

Back to top Go down

Post by MillBrey Exotics Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Welcome.

MillBrey Exotics
Forum Moderator

Status : If you dont test the water, how will you know if its safe to swim?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Hello Frank! I am looking forward to reading your work. Smile Hopefully we will hear from you often.

-Keith

Mako

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum